Alarm clocks wake people from deep sleep or short naps. In recent times, they have moved beyond the twin bell to more technologically advanced timepieces. Now alarm clocks are present in our phones, watches, and computers.
That makes you wonder, can I set an alarm on my laptop? Most people who work on a workstation PC also ask, can I set an alarm on my PC? That's why we've come with this informative article, to discuss how to set an alarm on Windows 10.
Does Windows 10 Have an Alarm Clock?
Before trying to set an alarm in Windows 10, the above question should pop up. The answer is yes. You can always have a computer alarm clock in Windows 10. Have you ever wondered how to set an alarm on Windows 10? Then, you should try and read this piece to the end.
How to Set Alarms in Windows 10?
Are you one of those asking, can I set an alarm on my Windows 10 PC? Or can I set an alarm on my laptop? Well, you definitely can! Follow these simple steps to set up an alarm clock on your Windows 10 computer:
- Click to Start menu button and type "Alarm" in the Windows search box
- Click "Alarms & Clock"
- Click the switch in front of the 7:00 AM alarm time to turn on the alarm
- The default alarm time is 7:00 AM with the name "Good morning". You can edit this by clicking on the 7:00 AM. In the edit window, you can change the alarm name, the number of days, sound, and snooze time.
- To add more alarm times, click on the plus button on the bottom right
Note that alarm notifications will only show if the PC is awake. So, to ensure you receive the notification, you have to change your computer's configuration so that it does not sleep. To reconfigure your computer, follow these easy steps:
- Go to your Windows search box and type "Sleep"
- Click on "Power & sleep settings"
- Change the settings of both "On battery power, PC goes to sleep after" and "When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after" to "Never"
It is important to note that your battery could run out if the PC stays on when not plugged in.
Alternatively, you can also set an online alarm on your computer to wake you up using your browser.
Will my alarm go off if my computer is asleep?
The simple answer to this question is no. Your PC's alarm will only notify you if your system is awake. So to ensure you get notified, follow the steps above to change your system settings.
How to Set Multiple Alarms on Windows 10
The beauty of using a smart device for setting up alarm systems is able to set multiple alarms. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the Windows search box and type "Alarm"
- Click on Alarms & Clock
- Click on the Plus (+) sign on the right bottom of the window
- Set the alarm time and click the save
How to Set an Hourly Alarm on Windows 10
To set up an hourly alarm clock on Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Open the alarm and clock window by searching for "Alarm" using the Windows search box
- Click the plus sign (+)
- Set the time for the first alarm
- Choose a name for the alarm
- Set the number of days for the alarm to alert
- Set the snooze time to one hour
- Click the save icon on the lower right part of the window
Does Windows 10 Have a Built-in Timer?
Yes, Windows 10 has a built-in timer. Follow these steps to activate the timer:
- Open the "Alarms & Clock"
- Click on the "Timer" tab
- Click the plus sign (+) to change the countdown time
- Click the play sign to start the counter